Saturday, June 7, 2008

First Post

I guess the first thing to say is that this feels vaguely masturbatory.

I am under no illusions. This ain't the Daily Kos. I'll be astonished if anybody bothers to read it at all. But I like to write, and I like to argue, and I like to keep track of what I'm doing, what I'm thinking...and what I'm writing. This isn't so much my blog as it is my Dear Diary.

What will I write about at SullyDogBlog? Stuff that may or may not be of interest to anybody. A lot of it may be completely banal: my garden, my cats, my lunch. Woo hoo. I'll probably do some writing about my work as an emergency physician, especially when it pisses me off, which it does not infrequently. I'll probably write about our progress in the Wayne State University Cerebral Resuscitation Laboratory, which tends to come in fits and starts. I'll write as well about some of my other science interests. And of course what blogger doesn't write about culture, culture wars, the media and politics?

So here goes the blog that might better have been named "Dear Diary Blog," and will probably be kept just as irregularly as I suspect most diaries are. If you're reading this, I can only assume that you are intelligent, discriminating, cosmopolitan, and really, really bored. Welcome.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read you for the first and last time.....Do you also write for the DailyKos? A word of advice, if you really want to be taken serious. Get your facts correct, first.

Sullydog................................ said...

What facts?

A word of advise, whoever you are: if you want to be taken serious, be specific. And, you know, have a point.